Dark spots on your skin can be difficult to deal with if not dealt with at the right time, it is usually believed that dark spots often come with age, but that does not always have to be true. Many of the young women only in their 20s might also be having dark spots, dark spots are not specific to any particular skin type or age. Here are a few home remedies for dealing with dark spots:
- Aloevera– this is wondrous for all your skin troubles, apply it in raw for on the effected area regularly and within a few days you will notice that skin spots have started lightening. Aloevera has anti- bacterial and anti- inflammatory properties which make it perfect for any type of skin or skin trouble. Aloevera has multiple health benefits, it is also applied on hair for smooth and shiny hair and is also eaten raw for good health. Aloevera is best for treating dark spots.
- Lemon– it contains citric acid and is a naturally bleaching agent, it used to whiten various dark areas on our body like elbows, underarms etc. Hence it can also be use to treat dark spots on your face. You can either apply lemon juice or use lemon slices and rub them on the effected area. This will not give instant results but will slowly help reduce dark spots.
- Orange– rich in Vitamin C orange is also a natural bleach and helps in skin lightening, however this should not be applied directly to the skin. Take out some orange juice and add some turmeric powder to it, then apply it on your face using a cotton ball. Let it stay for half an hour an then rinse it. Turmeric is a natural healer and will help make your skin glow. This process will have to be repeated regularly for best results.
- Yogurt– fresh yogurt also has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory qualities, and is very good for the skin and hair. Mix yogurt with grinded and dried orange peels and apply this paste on your face on the effected area. This will give you a cooling sensation and will also help lighten your dark spots. Repeat this regularly at least thrice a week.
- Papaya– it contains Papain, a skin whitening enzyme which reduces the production of melanin, the pigment that leads to coloration of skin. Papaya is rich in Vitamin A and low in sodium, which helps give skin a better texture, the APA (alpha hydroxyl acids) in papaya are often used in skin treatments and help reduce dark spots and make skin even tone. For application, mash papaya and apply the pulp on your face, let it stay till it dries and wash it off with water.
It is important to understand that all the mentioned items are derived from nature and not made in laboratory for our use. Their efficiency is at par with medicines, however it will take longer for these natural items to give results. So be patient while using them.