A face massage is a perfect workout that can help relax the tensed facial muscles and improve the skin tone and texture. It improves circulation and helps you look refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed.
Our face stores several tensions caused by internal and external factors which can leave us looking strained, dull and aged. A massage can make you feel relaxed and get back the glow even after a long hectic day. Gentle kneading and deft strokes canincrease the blood circulation and eliminate the toxins by working on the lymph nodes. Incorporate a few minutes of this TLC into your daily skin care regime to look refreshed and younger longer. And yes, you donâ€™t need to go to a salon to get the benefits. Simply master the steps below and gift yourself this indulgence every day.
- Take some of the cream and place it in your palms and rub them together till the cream becomes a little warm. This not only makes massaging easy but the skin soaks in the moisturising goodness better.
- Begin from the chin area and make your way up, applying the cream throughout the face. Once the cream has been spread all over the face, you can begin with the actual massage. Using both your hands, gently massage in upward direction from the base of the neck to the chin. It is important to always maintain the upward stroke since it helps to lift the skin. A downward movement can cause the skin to sag, making you look older.
- Make similar long upward strokes on your face completing one side first and then repeating it on the other side. Continue the strokes this time taking them from nose to forehead.
- Once you are done with that, place your fingers near the nose area and massage your cheeks all the way to the ears. Repeat this 5 times.
- After the cheeks, itâ€™s time to relax the eyes. Keep your fingers around the eyes and stretch the corner of both your eyes in the upward direction. Using your fingertips gently apply pressure to the area where the eye socket meets the nose. Hold it for a few seconds.
- Close both your eyelids and make a clockwise round stroke very gently around the eyes using one finger. Continue this movement for each eye for 3-5 seconds. You can in fact isolate this stroke and use it on a day to day basis to relax your eyes after a long days work. It will instantly boost your spirits.
By the time you are finished doing the process, the cream/gel/lotion will be absorbed into the skin, leaving it soft and supple. Take a wet tissue to dab off any residue. Follow up the ritual with a face mask that suits your skin type and need.